Corrugated boxes are commonly used by many companies for storage of product, but they present a number of issues:
- Different sizes of boxes awkwardly fill shelves and waste valuable space.
- They degrade when they come in contact with oils and moisture.
- Because of their one-time or limited use, it is necessary to replace and dispose of them often.
According to a study by the Reusable Packaging Association, Reusable Plastic Containers (RPC’s):
- Require 39% less total energy.
- Produce 95% less total solid waste.
- Generate 29% less total greenhouse gas emissions.
When plastic bins are reused multiple times, it results in lower environmental burdens than when single-trip corrugated boxes are used.
Once the RPC’s service life is ended, they are recycled, providing an “eco-friendly” alternative to corrugated boxes and will increase your company’s sustainability efforts.
To learn more about the many types of reusable plastic bins available, click here.